Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Get an RV Solar Panel Kit
Solar panels as a source of supplemental energy for RVs have been around for quite sometime. A RV solar panel kit may a bit costly and the process of installation complex, but RV owners who have been using solar panels for some time are pleased with this alternative energy source. They are also empowered to save energy and help protect the environment.
Users cite five top reasons why you should definitely get your own RV solar panel kit.
1. Solar panels are an investment. The world has been constantly looking for other energy sources in a bid to battle climate change. Unfortunately, those alternative energy sources are turning out to be more expensive than conventional energies. At first glance, an RV solar panel kit worth between USD 200 to USD 800 will look expensive, but think about how much you will be able to save on generator fuel for the next couple of years.
On top of that, using solar panels means you are making a choice to help out Mother Earth in your own little way. And besides, prices of solar panels have dropped around 20% since when they were introduced. This downward trend is expected to further continue.
2. Solar panels are easy to install. All you would need is a drill, some sealant, a solar panel mount, and a charge controller, most of which come when you buy an RV solar panel kit. Energy generated by solar panels is DC, which works with most RVs. For your appliances that are run by AC current, you can just as easily use an inverter. There are systems that include a charge controller so that your solar cells do not overcharge. You can also use deep cell batteries to allow the continuous storage of solar energy so you have access to solar power even when it is dark or cloudy.
3. Solar panels take you farther. As an RV driver, nothing is more satisfying than going as far as possible on your energy supply. Solar panels allow you to enjoy comforts within the confines of your vehicle. Your reserved fuel can be used for the RV alone. Use solar energy to power your TV, stereo, microwave, fans, and so on. You can easily recharge again the next day.
4. Solar panels are clean and quiet. Think of your back-up generator and that gurgling noise it makes. Get an RV solar panel kit and say hello to more relaxing travels. Solar panels do not require high maintenance and do not have moving parts. The only thing you have to watch out is not to get your batteries overcharged and this can easily be addressed by using a charge controller. Camp out in the woods or take a road trip to the beach with nothing but peace and quiet.
5. Solar panels leave you guilt-free. By installing RV solar panels, you can enjoy your television programs and keep the radio turned on all night without using a single watt from your electric batteries. There is a rewarding feeling that comes with knowing that you are not contributing to environmental problems because you are using green energy. This supports the entire concept behind RVs, which is getting some time off from civilization and getting re-acquainted with nature.